Visitor Services Manager
Computer Museum of America
5000 Commerce Parkway
Roswell, GA 30076
The Computer Museum of America (CMoA) is accepting applications for a part-time Visitor Services Manager (16-24 hours/week).
We are looking for an outgoing person to welcome and provide visitors with exceptional customer service to the Museum and to manage admission, membership, and gift shop sales and transactions. The Visitor Services Manager will open the site, monitor visitor experience and safety, manage staff and volunteers, submit daily sales reports, and help on special program days as needed. In addition, this person will manage Museum volunteers by maintaining contact, training and scheduling of current volunteers and recruiting future volunteers.
Please note this job requires weekend hours, please do not apply if you cannot work weekends.
Ideally this person will be interested in history, technology, education, and providing an excellent experience for visitors of all ages.
- Guest Services
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service skills, responds to guest inquiries in a professional manner
- Demonstrates a high level of enthusiasm, and self-motivation
- Provides visitors with information in an informative, helpful and courteous manner
- Operates Point of Sale (POS) system for sales transactions (admissions/gift shop), membership, group visits, donations, etc.
- Performs POS drawer closure/reconciliation and runs daily POS reports
- Participates in training activities to optimize customer service skills
- Manages Gift Shop inventory (includes restocking and sales analysis)
- Maintains clean and orderly admissions/gift shop area
- Manages onsite staff and volunteers during Museum open hours
- Helps coordinate scheduling and reservations for non-school group visits
- Volunteer Support
- Communicates regularly with volunteers
- Cultivates new volunteers
- Schedules volunteers for coverage during open hours and for a variety of Museum programs and events including docent shifts, demo schedules, private/group visits, special activities/events and more
- Creates and maintains volunteer training information for new volunteers and periodic updates for current volunteers on new exhibits and artifacts
- Other Duties
- Posts museum hosted events in the event listings of various publications
- Assists with special projects and event rental space tasks as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Two years retail or restaurant experience preferred; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position
- Point of Sale experience required
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office preferred
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Flexible availability, including weekends, occasional evenings, and holidays
- Reliable and punctual attendance required
- Credit and criminal background check required including drug test
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Exert up to 35-50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 15 pounds frequently and a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects
- More than 50% of a typical workday will be spent walking, standing, balancing (standing on and using 1-2 steps), reaching, using fingers to handle objects such as money and gift shop items
Hours per week:
16-24 hours per week on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 – $17.00/hour
- United States (Required)
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line Visitor Services Manager